Subject: FW: For information - ETUC letter to Prime Minister of Estonia Ms Kallas: Urgent call to support the Directive on Improving Working Conditions in Platform Work
From: "SM Info"
To: "MKM info"
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:36:46 +0200

Tere,

Edastame vastavalt kuuluvusele Majandus- ja
Kommunikatsiooniministeeriumile vastamiseks Sotsiaalministeeriumile
saadetud pöördumise.

Tervitades

Mall

From: REPETTI Lorenzo <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 9, 2024 1:23 PM
To: Signe Riisalo <[email-masked]>
Cc: General Secretary <[email-masked]>; VOET Ludovic
<[email-masked]>; SUSOVA, Lucie <[email-masked]>; SM Info <[email-masked]>
Subject: For information - ETUC letter to Prime Minister of Estonia Ms
Kallas: Urgent call to support the Directive on Improving Working
Conditions in Platform Work

Dear Minister Riisalo,

On behalf of ETUC General Secretary Esther Lynch, for your information
please find attached and below the letter she addressed yesterday to the
Prime Minister of Estonia Ms Kallas regarding the upcoming EPSCO meeting
and the vote on the Directive on Improving Working Conditions in Platform
Work.

Best regards,

Lorenzo Repetti - on behalf of Esther Lynch, General Secretary of the
European Trade Union Confederation

Sent from Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>

Lorenzo REPETTI
Director of Policy

European Trade Union Confederation
Confédération Européenne des Syndicats
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique, 20
1000 Brussels

Tel: +32 478 77 04 67
 <http://www.etuc.org> www.etuc.org

 <https://www.etuc.org/en/ManifestoEUelections24>

  _____

From: LYNCH Esther <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2024 5:29:37 pm
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: General Secretary <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>
<[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >;
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
<[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; VOET Ludovic <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; REPETTI Lorenzo <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; SUSOVA, Lucie <[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Urgent call to support the Directive on Improving Working
Conditions in Platform Work

Dear Prime Minister Kallas,

I am reaching out to you on behalf of working people and trade unions
across Europe to ask you to support the Directive on Improving Working
Conditions in Platform Work.

Your support, Estonia’s support, is the decisive factor for the adoption
of the Directive.

I understand that your government will decide closer to the vote in EPSCO
on Monday 11th of March on its position.

Estonia has been a European leader in technology. Voting in favour of this
Directive will ensure the same leadership at European level.

At this time of global challenges, we need to stand together in Europe and
to find common European solutions for workers, our economy and society.

A balanced text was agreed by the European institutions in trilogue in
which Member states have the freedom to implement the presumption
according to their national law and definition of worker. Moreover, the
Directive provides clarity on the responsible use of algorithmic
management in the workplace. By explicitly outlining safeguards, it
ensures that technological advancements do not come at the expense of the
well-being of our workers, preventing any harm caused by the misuse of it.

I have taken the step to write to you in this pivotal moment, as Estonia
is about to take a decision that will have a profound impact. It will make
a difference for both European and global approaches as it will be the
first legislation of its kind.

I urge Estonia to vote in favour.

I remain available for any further exchange and information needed.

Best regards,

Esther Lynch,

General Secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation